Hello Beaver Parents!
1. Popcorn fundraising began last week!. If you sold popcorn this week, please tell the front desk how much was sold this week so your beaver can be entered in a draw.
2. OCTOBER 2 Hike Signup has begun. If you would like to sign up, please open the attached sign up sheet and put in your beaver’s name. We only have space for up to 20 Children. All other children interested will wait list.
IF you signed up and need to cancel please take your child’s name off the list (or email me).
Group Hike Sign Up Sheet – October 2 (email me for access)
Group Hike 2nd October.pdf
All beavers attending the hike must wear their Beaver Hat and Beaver Vest, in addition to dressing for the weather.
3. Beaver Scout Leading this week is: Cyan. Parent helper this week is: Ryan.
4. Message from Scouter Craig: Last week during Beavers the kids watched a 12 minute safety video about what to do if they ever get lost from their family in the woods. We relayed the importance of ‘hugging a tree’ (staying in 1 place) as well as telling your family where you are going. I think the kids liked the video, as all of them had good questions and stories about when they got lost before, and what they would do if they got lost from their family again.
I’ve included a link to the video below for your reference. It would be good to show the video to the kids again at home, as well as to any any other young kids you may have that don’t attend Beavers. https://www.adventuresmart.ca/kids/hugatree.htm . They also have a coloring book to reinforce the message.
5. Our Investiture meeting is October 6. This is the swearing-in for new beavers and celebration of growth of returning beavers. Crests, Neckers, and service badges will be given out. Parents are encouraged to attend this meeting. All Beavers MUST have their uniforms for this important meeting.
6. Water Bottles are Essential to Every Meeting.
See you Thursday!