Welcome!Uniform items are purchased from the Scout Shop: 664 West Broadway, Vancouver BC. There is parking in the back alley.
At every meeting, you will need:
- a Beaver Vest
- a Beaver Hat
- 1 water bottle, labelled with your name
- play clothes, runners, and outdoor clothes.
All Beavers must have their uniforms by the investiture ceremony (October 6). Where they will receive additional parts of your uniform:
- crests for your vest
- an orange neckerchief
- a blue woggle (slide)
- a brown, blue or white tail to attach to the hat.
Returning Beavers are expected to bring all the above, every meeting from the beginning. Beavers whose neckers are small can receive a larger one at investiture.
Here is a link to the Uniform Information Sheet.
First Camp Gear
Look for sales at Canadian Tire and other places. Remember that even Beaver Scouts should be able to pack their own bags, roll or stuff their own sleeping bags and manage their floor mats. Test it in the store and practice with your youth.
- a sleeping bag rated to below zero (for cold weather), preferably one that uses a stuff sack instead of being rolled.
- an insulating floor mat (like a therma-rest)
- a Non-Breakable mess kit containing a plate, bowl, mug, butter knife, fork, and spoon, preferably in a mesh or other carry bag.
- waterproof pants
Gear Check day is September 22.